Hello everyone! I felt it was time to give the readers an idea on what’s going on with the blog. In a very short amount of time our readership has grown tremendously. Our overall viewing has increased over 2000% in about ten weeks of time, a little after we started posting articles on Game of War: Fire Age. Since I built this website a year ago, I had a very specific plan on what I wanted to do with it. Everything is actually coming along much quicker than I expected. Anyway, let’s get to it!
I purchased the domain a little less than a year ago. My idea was to setup a placeholder website and age the domain approximately six months. Google has a nasty habit of “sandboxing” websites that gain traction too quickly. I’ve had it happen before and didn’t want to take that chance with this website. During those six months, I developed a general outline of what I personally wanted out of the website and what I had to offer.
I have created successful gaming websites before, but the original context that I created them in was too narrow. I pigeonholed myself into very specific areas on how I designed previous websites. I didn’t want that to happen with Game Mastery Pro. In the ‘About‘ page I listed that:
“Game Mastery Pro is a blog about video games and tabletop games. We are here to talk about computer games, console games, pen and paper roleplaying games, tabletop board games, and everything that goes with these games. The articles written here are to help people, including the author, the author’s friends, and you (the reader) when playing these games…”
Although I’ve really only talked about Game of War: Fire Age for the most part, with a little Planetside 2 in the beginning, my plan has always been exactly what was listed on that ‘About’ page. I am here to talk about video games (console, computer, mobile apps), tabletop games (pen and paper roleplaying games, board games), and everything that goes with those things.
With that being said, here is what I have on the horizon for Game Mastery Pro:
(1) Game of War: Fire Age – I will still be writing about it! This is not a post to tell you I’m moving away from it, but instead adding to it. I still love the game. It’s my favorite mobile app game that I’ve ever played and I’ve never been more into it than I am now. We’ve built a great community around the game. The Hero Skill Tree Maximums post is a great example of that. That is something that was done by our community, not me. I want to enhance the ability of that community which leads me to my next area…
(2) Forums – Game Mastery Pro Forums. This was an idea sparked by a comment from one of our readers. I am absolutely against making a forum just for the sake of having a forum. It usually fails dismally on most websites. However, there are a lot of questions that could be answered without me writing an entire article about it. As you can see from our extremely active Comments section, our readers often answer the questions of other readers.
I am taking time with this idea on Forums because I want to get it right the first time. The Forums are approximately 50% done, but I’m still deciding on a few major things regarding it. Will it be integrated into the website or more stand-alone? Will I be using Forum Moderators or keep things at a more casual level? Etc.
I think the forum idea will greatly help the community, especially in regards to Game of War: Fire Age, since I have yet to find a really good forum for that specific game.
(3) Improved Site Design & Layout – I specifically made the website layout very bland and easy to read in the beginning. I wanted it to be easy to load and viewable on mobile devices. I also wanted the focus to be on the content of the articles and not the shiny, cool WordPress template that I purchased. I wanted to spend my time on writing articles, not on modifying my website template (like some people do). I want a simple, functional website layout that is appealing to the eye and fits what we’re talking about. This will include a website logo that help brand the website. I have several options with this that I am exploring right now.
(4) More Topics – I will be adding more topics on things that I personally enjoy. I play a host of console games, computer games, pen and paper roleplaying games, and board games. The next two areas that I am planning on adding are in the areas of computer games and pen and paper roleplaying games.
(5) More Authors – I cannot expand the website all by myself. I wish I had more time in the day to write more articles each week, but I don’t. I have several great writers, much better than myself, that have written on games in the past for me. I plan on bringing some of them on in the near future. This will allow me to push more content out to the readers faster.
I’ve had a lot of success with this in the past. I’ve received many beta copies of games as well as insider information that was passed on to the readers. It really is a win-win for everyone involved. I have a personal goal of working in the gaming industry eventually. I want to work towards that for myself, as well as enable others to reach their dreams as well. That is why I’ll be accepting guest posts as well. I plan on creating guidelines for that in the near future. And you will see other names pop up soon that are writing articles.
(6) Ads – Some of you may have noticed that I added some Google Ads for a 24-hour period just to test a few things. This has always been in the works for me as well. Google Ads is a great way to monetize a website so it pays for itself. It costs money to host the website and pay for the domain name each year. It also will cost money to create a website logo and improve the design and layout of the website. Putting simple ads in will allow the website to pay for those things itself. Don’t worry, I have experience in this and will do it in a tasteful way that impedes on the readers as little as possible.
(7) Much, Much More… – There are a lot of other things I have on the horizon for Game Mastery Pro, but I don’t want to scare you too much all at once.
I want to say this again, I will continue to write about Game of War: Fire Age. I just wanted to advise everyone of changes that will be taking place with the website soon. That way there isn’t shock to our current readers with what is going on with the website. I hope that the changes I have in mind will only enhance things for me, my friends, and the great base of readers that has developed over the last few months.
If you have any questions or comments about this article, please leave a comment in the comment section. If you liked this post and would like to read more of them , subscribe to the feed, it’s free!
Related Posts: Welcome to Game Mastery Pro